Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cushion Cover with Peace Sign

Project of the week: Peazzz Pillow

My students and I always discuss our project in detail before getting started. February is all about love and since they all like the Peace sign, we decided to make an appliqué of the peace sign on a love print fabric. The kids picked the fabric from my stash which was perfect for the project.

I made a peace sign pattern on my computer, printed it and then pasted it on a leather board and made the pattern.


The girls used that pattern and cut their peace sign appliqué. We chose a dark material for their cover so as to get a contrast effect. They picked purple which was perfect. Each kid chose a different seam to sew the Peace appliqué on the pillow case and matched this seam to the back closure as well. The result? A gorgeous pillow case!



image of the backside of a cushion cover

No comments: