Thursday, May 16, 2013

Vegetarian Apron


I wanted to create an apron so unique that it would become a conversation starter. Being a vegetarian I began to hunt for some veggie themed fabric and found these. I wanted to place all the vegetables seen on the fabric on my apron and that proved to be the real challenge.  



The Easy Dresden Tool hanging on my pegboard got my attention. Using that tool I cut some of the veggie fabric and designed the ‘chest’ of this Apron. Of course to personalize it, I made an octagon embroidered appliqué that said, ‘Cooking with Sella’ (My blog). I provided some pockets to increase the apron’s utility value. Halter style straps on the top with D rings at the back for adjustment and ties in the back at the waist completed the product.

I love wearing it. Hope you like it too!


No comments: