Thursday, December 20, 2007

Unique Xmas Tree



I wanted to create a unique Xmas tree this year. But I didn’t want to spend a bunch of money either. And what you see is the result of my handiwork.

Materials used:
Inexpensive white fabric
Discarded corrugated boxes

Four large pieces of corrugated sheets were cut to shape and sheathed in white fabric. The four pieces were then stitched on to a central piece wrapped around a cardboard pole. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? I had fun making this unique tree.

Dressed up a bear as an angel
Soft toys became tree ornaments
Motivational inscriptions were added strategically.

I have found several uses for this tree:
1. Serves as a conversation starter
2. Can be used as a display holder by collectors of coins, beanie babies, key chains etc.
3. Can be used as a money tree
4. Blood donors’ name tags can be placed on this tree at hospitals

I look forward to your comments.

No comments: